Sorry if i have missed something

You want to talk about Far Manager, but don't know where to turn?
bdabinett

Sorry if i have missed something

Post by bdabinett »

NEw to the product but I like the look of it.

Is it possible to Tag files and select them? Similiar to Xtree Gold?

Thanks

brian
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

bdabinett
I've never used XTree, but have been using Far a lot. What do you mean by “tag and select”?
bdabinett

RE:

Post by bdabinett »

Is it possible to select multiple files for copy, move, delete via the keyboard? Or is it a case of doing it one at a time?

In Xtree you would scroll through the files and press [space] to tag (or check) each file that wanted to copy or delete.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

bdabinett
Use Ins and Shift-arrows. And RTFM.
bdabinett

Post by bdabinett »

Thanks works! Shame the manual doesn't list anything obvious isn't it?
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

bdabinett
It's rather a pity that many users are too lazy to read even a good manual.
pepak

Post by pepak »

Not to sound too ironic, but where is this fabled manual? I would be quite interested in such a thing, because even after years of using FAR I know there are areas which have eluded me. Sadly, all I have is TechInfo, WhatsNew and Help. The only one coming close to a manual is the Help, but it is far too much geared toward contextual - once I know what and where I want to do, I can find it in the Help file, but it does not do much in providing me with ideas what to want and where to look for it.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

pepak
What I meant was Help; it's a manual rather than a tutorial. It doesn't provide you with ideas what to want but once you open the root topic you'll find plenty of useful links there. Yes, it lacks searching but one can still compensate by a) searching in FarEng.hlf and viewing with HlfViewer and/or b) using the same help converted to CHM (available for download elsewhere).
cdysthe

Post by cdysthe »

HaRT wrote:pepak
What I meant was Help; it's a manual rather than a tutorial. It doesn't provide you with ideas what to want but once you open the root topic you'll find plenty of useful links there. Yes, it lacks searching but one can still compensate by a) searching in FarEng.hlf and viewing with HlfViewer and/or b) using the same help converted to CHM (available for download elsewhere).
..or just open it in Far's own editor which has built in search. Works for me :)
ernetas

Post by ernetas »

Its also possible to use right mouse click, if you have console compatible with mouse cursor, of course...