Getting into the same directory as in another panel

You want to talk about Far Manager, but don't know where to turn?
ernetas

Getting into the same directory as in another panel

Post by ernetas »

I'm in situation like that: in first panel I'm in C:\tt and in second panel I'm in D:\ff. I would like that the second panel would go into C:\tt that I could move files directly without after pressing F6, deleting full address and starting writing the same address I'm in (this way takes much more time).
And that (not moving, but making that if first panel is active, so in the second panel after keys are pressed there would be the same directory as in the first panel) should be done in one press of keys combination. Is that possible?
viewtopic.php?t=137 - this is a bit slow method for that, because I Disks menu takes 13 lines. What if I'll need to get into 13th line?
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

ernetas
Isn't the “Same folder” feature of the “Far Commands” standard plugin the thing you are looking for?
ernetas

Post by ernetas »

Sorry, but where could I download it? Thanks.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

ernetas
You don't need to download standard plugins unless you wish to update them. Standard plugins are available out of the box. The “Far Commands” plugin's folder is named FARCmds.
Lofote

Post by Lofote »

Wait a sec. you like to move files from C:\tt to C:\tt? What is the purpose of that?
AlexShop

Post by AlexShop »

type: cd CTRL+SHIFT+[
press: ENTER

You can make a macros, no plug-in is necessary