FAR Version 2039 in Brazilian Portuguese

You want to talk about Far Manager, but don't know where to turn?
Paulo Neto

FAR Version 2039 in Brazilian Portuguese

Post by Paulo Neto »

:wink: Hello,

My name is Paulo Neto. I am from Brazil. I am translating all FAR Manager Brazilian Portuguese and need some help. The project is 90% ready, inclusive all of plugins of the package and also others 10 that are already translated. Want soon to make available they here. Is it possible?

However the accentuation doesn't work on FAR Manager. In spite of this comprehend well the translations, however my question is: :?: IS POSSIBLE TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM? Is with plugins of characters tables possible to correct this? I want very use an OS/2's source that I downloading in the site of FAR Manager but not work the accentuated characters, it is possible to solve this also?

I don't am an expert in programming just of software translation because of this I ask to there %be an option explain me explain to easy comprehension.

I am translating the whole package 1.70 beta 6 (build 2020). All of the languages files are completely translated. The most laborious now are the help files. But they are already almost concluded.

Thanks by the help and congratulations their by the jobs. For who began using DOS is to "remember and to use"!! :wink:
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

It's not yet possible to use accentuated characters in FAR, this will be possible when FAR goes unicode.

As for releasing the translation, you can release it here and it will be also added to the PlugRinG.
Paulo Neto

Post by Paulo Neto »

Hello T-Rex, :)

Thanks for your answer. As soon as I have all of the translated files will send they here and also for the PluginRing.

:?: I have other question: did plugin download Active-Help and am already concluding the translation also. But isn't he in working, because? Can it help me in this?

Thank you very much!
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

Active-Help is actualy one of my plugins :) It is used for opening context sensitive help from inside FAR (mostly from the editor), I don't see how this plugin can help you with the transtaion, maybe only if used with a CHM brazilian-english dictionary. But if you have a translation for it and want to submit it, send it right to me, I'll add it to the plugin's distribution archive.
Paulo Neto

Post by Paulo Neto »

Hi T-Rex,

Thank you for your response. It is just that I am discovering plugins now and am sell the ones that actually interest me. I thought this plugin could help me. I have many other projects with files .CHM e .HLP.

Greets,

Paulo Neto
Paulo Neto

FAR VERSION 2039 IN BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE

Post by Paulo Neto »

:D Hello,

It is already concluded the language and help files from FAR Manager version Build 2039 in Brazilian Portuguese.

Do where I send the files to make available for download?

Thanks,

Paulo Neto
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

You can release the files in the Plugins Announcement subforum as an attach, and I'll tell the right people to add it to the plugring too.