Plug-ins help problems

You have encountered a problem using Far Manager? Here you can get help.
JimWilson

Plug-ins help problems

Post by JimWilson »

Far 1.70 on a Dell laptop running XP with SP2

My plug-ins help screen has a few problems. The first picture is what I get with shift-f2. Notice the first entry is all garbled, and there's a duplicate entry for the Registry Browser. Running ClearPluginsCache and restarting Far didn't change either of these problems.

The second picture is what my plug-ins directory looks like. Note there is no folder with garbled characters, nor are there two Registry Browser directories. How can I clean up those errors so my plug-ins help looks the way it's supposed to?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

Most probably a garbled title is in Russian. You may enumerate plugins as described here to spot the guilty plugin.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

I can try using far /p again, but what about the duplicate entry? That can't be from a garbled Russian title too.
DrKnS

Post by DrKnS »

Maybe you have a backup or old version of this plugin in same directory? FAR will load all dll's in "Plugins\" and in all subdirs. Or check "System settings->Path for personal plugins" option.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

I just checked each and every one of my plugin directories, and they all contain only 1 dll and 1 hlf file (except for PicView, which has 2 dll's).

And my "Path for personal plugins" is blank too.
DrKnS

Post by DrKnS »

Try searching for occurences of "Registry Browser Plugin" in *.hlf.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

That was it! In the .hlf file for an Editor plugin called ExeFilt - External Filter Plugin for FAR Editor there's a line that says .PluginContents=Registry Browser Plugin. Why, I have NO idea because it doesn't browse the registry at all. But since I don't use that plugin anyway the solution was easy; delete it.