Screen redraw problem

Here you can report bugs found in Far Manager.
JimWilson

Screen redraw problem

Post by JimWilson »

I seem to have found a display anomaly with Far 1.71 build 2112.

I was linked to one of our network shares looking at a directory that had over 36,000 files in it. I used Alt-F3 to run my external viewer on one of the files. When I exited the viewer Far reloaded, but when it started counting the files again the screen didn't fully redraw before the counter appeared. I've attached a jpeg to show you what it looked like, with the counter highlighted in red (the other text on the screen is what was in the file I was viewing).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

Bump...
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

Bump...
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

Looks like this one is generating an awful lot of interest.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

And back to the top again! :(
pepak

Post by pepak »

Do you really thinkit will help? If you didn't get any answers by now, it probably means nobody knows (or maybe cares, though I would expect the "knows" is the problem). Bumping it all the time will only annoy everyone.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

Judging by the lack of response my guess would be the "nobody cares" one. If that wasn't the case then at least someone would have responded that they're working on it, or they can't find the problem, or were unable to duplicate it. Something. Anything. But no replies at all?
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

JimWilson
This is a hard to reproduce, hard to locate and just a rare cosmetic bug. It is way down on the priority list.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

Finally, a response. At least now I know it's been logged and may get looked at some time in the future.

BTW... it's actually easy to reproduce -- I can do it 100% of the time -- so from that perspective testing any fix should be straight forward. But you're right, it is only cosmetic and doesn't impact how FAR actually works (other then visually). I was reporting it merely because it's a bug, and it's always best to know they exist.
ender

Post by ender »

t-rex: this is really easy to reproduce: put 200.000 files in a folder, and load it with FAR (alternatively, connect 2 computers, and change to a shared folder with 1000-2000 files on the other computer). Not that this bothers me - I always considered this to be a progress bar before the folder loads.