Temporary panel problems?

Here you can report bugs found in Far Manager.
JimWilson

Temporary panel problems?

Post by JimWilson »

I'm trying to use multiple temporary panels and I may have found a bug or two. I've gone over the Help many times, so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong (but you can never be 100% certain). This is with FAR 1.71 alpha 4 build 2169.

This first shot shows how I have temp panels configured. Notice that I have "use common panel" checked. This enables me to have up to 10 temporary panels, which is what I want. Problem number one occurs when I also try to check "new panel for search results". I can put an X in front of the option, but as soon as I leave the Temporary Panel configuration dialog box it gets unchecked. The best way to tell is to go right back into Options/Plugin Configuration/Temporary Panel; "new panel for search results" is no longer checked.

Problem number two is that selecting "use common panel" also turns on "safe panel mode", even though I didn't select it and there is no check next to it in Options/Plugin Configuration/Temporary Panel. The second screen shot shows FAR is in safe mode when I send the results of an Alt-F7 search to the temp panel. If you look at the first screen shot you'll notice that I never selected safe mode, but on the second screen shot you can see that it's on (in the red circle).

Finally, the Alt-Shift-F12 key sequence is supposed to popup a dialog box showing what temp panels have been used. So long as I'm in a temp panel when I hit Alt-Shift-F12 the popup appears, but if I'm in a file panel it never appears. Same with Alt-Shift-[0-9]; they only work if I hit the key sequence from a temp panel, they don't work if I hit it from a file panel. I suspect that's a bug because temp panels would lose a lot of there benefit if you could only get to them from another temp panel, and not a file panel.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

And about the last part with hotkey - thats the way it is supposed to be. Use macros to make whatever hotkeys you need.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

The new files seem to fix the first two problems I was having. Thanks for the update. :good:

As far as the third problem is concerned... I can't imagine why you wouldn't want to have direct access to the temp panels from a file panel, but if that's the way it was designed then it's not a bug. However, if a macro will will make it work in that manner then that's how I'll fix it, but how would I create the macro? Since you need to be in a temp panel before AltShiftF12 will work is there a way to "send" keys to the temp panel so they will be acknowledge from a file panel?
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

JimWilson
Well
AltF1 YourHotkeyForTempPanelInDrivesMenu AltShiftF12
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

I ended up adding this macro to KeyMacros\Shell: $If (APanel.Left) AltF1 0 AltShiftF12 $Exit $Else AltF2 0 AltShiftF12 $End
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

JimWilson
Well, you can make it more simple by calling the plugin from F11 plugins menu :oops:
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

I don't know if using the plugins menu would make it simpler, but so far the macro works like I had expected it to so I'll probably stick to doing it that way.
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

JimWilson
Well as calling the plugin from the plugins menu always opens its panel in the active panel then the macro would be just:
F11 Hotkey AltShiftF12
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

Okay, I see what you mean now. Maybe I'll try it that way sometime, but for now I'm just going to leave it as is. If it ain't broke don't fix it... :)