Missing folder name

Here you can report bugs found in Far Manager.
JimWilson

Missing folder name

Post by JimWilson »

I using FAR 1.71 build 2169 on a Dell desktop running XP SP2.

I was trying to move a file and from the F6 prompt I hit F10 to show the Tree. One of the entries on the screen was blank. You could highlight it with the cursor, but there was no name displayed. This has happened to me on several occasions, and with more then one version of FAR, so it seems like it might be something that's been around for a while. I highlighted the missing name in red.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

You should really try the newer version of Far. From the other post on tree bugs.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

build 2199? If so, I just downloaded a copy and will install it soon. But I wonder if it will help; I just re-scanned the drive, so there's a new Tree.Far file, and the "invisible" directory no longer exists. :unknown:
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

No, this link http://farmanager.com/farbugs/far171.treefix.rar from the neighboring thread.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

It's still listed as build 2199 in the .hlf, but the .exe file is 3 days newer. I'll install that and see what happens, but since I can't duplicate this problem every time I don't know if I can say the new version fixed it.