Timestamp problem on SAMBA server

Here you can report bugs found in Far Manager.
vladob54

Timestamp problem on SAMBA server

Post by vladob54 »

When I create a local file on the Win XP system and make a backup copy on a Samba server, the timestamp of the backup file is rounded on the one-second boundary. If I subsequently perform the "Compare folders" command, one of the files appears to be older. This is most likely due to the fact that the NTFS file system store timestamps with a sub-second granularity, whereas the Samba hosted in a Linux does not.

I could not find any solution to this problem and therefore suggest that FAR manager should round-up the local timestamp value accordingly when performing folder comparisons.

BTW, this problem doest not appear with Total Commander :-)

Best regards,

G, 16:45
pepak

Post by pepak »

Use Advanced Compare. It can do everything Compare Folders does, plus it allows 2sec precision and many other options.
DrKnS

Post by DrKnS »

If I subsequently perform the "Compare folders" command...
Use standard plugin Advanced Compare and check the "two seconds precision" option.
vladob54

Yes, but...

Post by vladob54 »

Thanks for the replies.

Yes, the Advanced Compare would identify the identical files correctly. It has, however, other issue: two files with identical filenames but different contents and/or timestamps are BOTH highlighted (i.e. not only the "newer" one as with the standard Compare Folders command)... This is not very helpful in manual folder synchonization prodedure :-(

Regards,

G, 16:55