Java API for FAR

Here you can discuss about your favorite plug-in.
ikar

Java API for FAR

Post by ikar »

New project has started on sourceforge for that, called far4j

The goal is to create Java API to write FAR plugins. Early alpha release is available with few examples - svn, jdbc, jmx...

Currently not all features of FAR API are supported, since I have very little time to work on this project. So if you miss some feature, go ahead and add it! Developers wanted!
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

ikar
Nice. I'll tell the guys at the russian forum about this, maybe some one will want to help.
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

One place to post this is quite enogh. I deleted the other posts.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

ikar
Please don't forget to learn the SHPCE plugin's object model and its usage in the Far.Net 3 and PowerShellFar plugins to benefit from them.
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

HaRT
Well, he doesn't really know about the Far.Net and PowerShell plugins, as they weren't released publicly yet - only on the russian forum.
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

Also by his e-mail address one may think that he should understand russian :)
ikar

Post by ikar »

Yes, I understand russian :-)
It's a pity that I don't have time even to improve far4j, let alone looking into SHPCE sources..
The idea was to have 2 object models - low-level and high-level.
Low-level model is supposed to be as close to FAR model as possible. This is done to minimize amount of C code (I am not good at C and to eager to program in C, that's why this project started at all)
Therefore, low-level java API may not look very nice to java programmers. The plan is to have high-level java API that would be more user friendly. It does not exist yet, except for some experimental code for dialogs API. Feel free to develop it on top of low-level API completely in java!