FTP plugin keeps asking for password

Here you can discuss about your favorite plug-in.
pepak

FTP plugin keeps asking for password

Post by pepak »

I am using the standard FTP plugin from FAR 1.70 (plugin says v1.9 in the Help) to connect to a FTP server. The site information is stored in the server list, but a password isn't (as the computer is accessed by other people, too), so I have to enter it each time I try to connect. So far no problems.

The problem is that the password seems to "expire" too quickly. While I navigate the FTP site everything works fine, but as soon as I start a longer download, the plugin "forgets" the password. Now I could accept that it asks me for password after the download finishes, but unfortunatelly I have to enter the password after each (long) file.

E.g.: I try to download a backup of a computer, made up of five 100 MB files. I select all five files, press F5 (Copy) and ENTER (to the passive panel). After 10 minutes, when the first file finishes, I get asked to enter the password. I do so. Second file starts downloading. After ten minutes, I am asked for password again. Then again after the third and fourth file (maybe even fifth, but I am not too concerned about that).

What's the problem? Can I do anything about it?
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

pepak
Well, the FTP plugin currently lacks a developer. If you want - the plugins' source code is available online on our svn.
svn co http://farmanager.com/svn/plugins/ftp/trunk ftp
pepak

Post by pepak »

I have no idea how to work with SVN and my knowledge of C is rather limited, but I think I should be able to fix such a (presumably) minor issue. I'll give it a try.