Auto-complete on shell?

You have encountered a problem using Far Manager? Here you can get help.
Zukix

Auto-complete on shell?

Post by Zukix »

Hi,

Some really noob questions, your help would be gratefully received!

i) Since tab is mapped to pane swapping, how can you auto-complete paths when typing on the Far command line?

ii) Is it possible to see a shallow tree view without Far recursively building the entire thing?

iii) Is it possible to view two panes containing file attributes? The detailed info forces the view to one pane.

iv) Estimated release date for 1.8?

thanks!
Spire

Re: Auto-complete on shell?

Post by Spire »

Zukix wrote:i) Since tab is mapped to pane swapping, how can you auto-complete paths when typing on the Far command line?
Use a filename completion plugin and set your own key bindings using macros.
Zukix wrote:ii) Is it possible to see a shallow tree view without Far recursively building the entire thing?
Not that I know of. You can try searching for a plugin that does what you want, though.
Zukix wrote:iii) Is it possible to view two panes containing file attributes? The detailed info forces the view to one pane.
Yes. You can edit any of the ten preset file panel modes via Options | File panel modes.

In case you didn't already know, you can also quickly switch among the ten file panel modes using the keystrokes LCtrl+1 to LCtrl+0.
Zukix wrote:iv) Estimated release date for 1.8?
When it's ready, I presume.
HaRT

Re: Auto-complete on shell?

Post by HaRT »

Spire wrote:
Zukix wrote:i) Since tab is mapped to pane swapping, how can you auto-complete paths when typing on the Far command line?
Use a filename completion plugin and set your own key bindings using macros.
Another useful plugin of this sort is VIM Completion. As for me, I use all 3 of them via my macro published on the Russian forum.
This season's favourite is the Alias plugin. The latest version can be found at the end of its announcements topic on the Russian forum. I didn't try this plugin though.
Spire wrote:
Zukix wrote:ii) Is it possible to see a shallow tree view without Far recursively building the entire thing?
Not that I know of. You can try searching for a plugin that does what you want, though.
A lot of wishes to make the folders tree much more user-friendly (and efficient) are collected in the issue #27 (in Russian).
Zukix

Post by Zukix »

Thanks for the replies!

I feel I need a plug-in to understand Russian to get the most out of Far :/