Copy with verify

You have encountered a problem using Far Manager? Here you can get help.
pepak

Copy with verify

Post by pepak »

Is there any way to do "copy and verify" in FAR? It doesn't matter whether it is via macros or a special plugins, as long as it does everything automatically. Right now I have to do Copy and then Advanced Compare to get thew desired result (getting a copy which is verified to be correct) (I have had some problems with copy from/to USB drives before and right now I am copying 700 GB of data which I would hate to get damaged).
jonib

Post by jonib »

Hi pepak

Plugin CopyVFD seems to do that but it is for diskettes, maybe it works for USB drives too.

jonib
pepak

Post by pepak »

Unfortunatelly, "no floppy drives detected in system" :-(
Thanks anyway.
KtW

Post by KtW »

Do You Use FileCopyEx Plugin For Coping?

I've Problem With This Plugin (FileCopyEx) The Copied File Is Not Equal To The Source File... :( So I've Disabled It...

Maybe You Have The Same Problem...
jonib

Post by jonib »

Maybe you could use the Windows Copy command with "/v" option or any other command line copy command that supports verify?

It wont be as integrated in FAR but if you use the "F2 menu" it could be almost as good.

I'll see what works best for me as I have always done a copy and then used Deep compare to verify and it getting a bit old.
pepak

Post by pepak »

Well, I'll just copy the data using Copy + AdvComp and hope I won't need to do that again anytime soon. But it would be a nice feature for the future versions of FAR Manager.
jonib

Post by jonib »

pepak wrote:Well, I'll just copy the data using Copy + AdvComp and hope I won't need to do that again anytime soon. But it would be a nice feature for the future versions of FAR Manager.
Have you tried Deep Compare instead of AdvComp I think it is better and it caches the compares so you don't need to compare stuff you already compared.
pepak

Post by pepak »

I did, but to be honest, I didn't like it - it keeps directories locked, for obvious reasons, and it doesn't have a progress bar.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

jonib wrote:Deep Compare [...] caches the compares
I've been using AdvCompare build 29 and it does cache the comparisons performed. The distributive seems to have been removed from the Russian forum but you can contact the author.