Attributes not being displayed?

Here you can report bugs found in Far Manager.
JimWilson

Attributes not being displayed?

Post by JimWilson »

On build 2060 I'm no longer seeing file attributes (build 2051 works fine). I tried far /p, and ClearPluginsCache.Bat, but I get the same result -- no attributes displayed. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm running Windows 98SE.
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

What exactly is the problem? Where do you not see them? Does CtrlA work?
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

On Win98 I don't see any attributes displayed in file panels. On Win2K I only see the letter I, no other attributes.

On build 2051 and 2060 CtrlA shows the attributes correctly checked, but on 2060 there is a new attribute on Win2K that's not in 2051: Index. That's always checked for every file, and if I turn that off the I in the Attr section of the file panel disappears. However, the other attributes still don't show.

Here's what it looks like on Win2K.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

Ok, got it. First of all it doess show most of the attribbutes in your case it just doesn't show the Archive (A) attribbute. You can increase the size of the attribb column to 5 to see all you need.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

Well, that did it -- I can now see all of the attribs. Thanks (and that's precisely why I like a WhatsNew file, so I know about these little things :D)

Exactly what is the Indexed attribute anyway? There's nothing in Help about it. And is there a way I can make it so that attrib isn't shown at all? It's REAL distracting, and annoying, to see every single file have the "I" attribute set on.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

Bump...
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

Await next alpha, this was already "fixed" to your liking. About the I attribbute - it's for WinXP NTFS, if you don't know what it is you dont need it :)
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

Check 2064, this should be fixed.
JimWilson

Post by JimWilson »

Works much better now. Well, it works more like what I'm accustom to anyway... :wink: