Dump of SEFP-related questions

You have encountered a problem using Far Manager? Here you can get help.
floatlite

Dump of SEFP-related questions

Post by floatlite »

I am having a big problem with FAR manager and a specific plug in.

The plug in is the SEFP plug in for Sony Ericsson phones.

I have installed the FAR manager and everything seems to be ok. I then install the plug in into the Farmanager/plugin folder, and it seems to install ok.

I think opne Far manager and press F11 and scroll to SEFP (the plug in) and I always get a plugin call error, and it then unloads the plugin and then closes Far manager.

I have tried the installation on 2 different Windows XP SP2 computers and I get the same error in both.

I know that plenty of people are getting this to work fine, and I cannot for the life of me work out what I am doing wrong.

Can anyone possibly shed some light on this issue.

Best regards

David
pepak

Post by pepak »

I don't know this particular plugin, but I use several that fail if DEP (Data Execution Prevention) is turned on. Try to add FAR on the "do not use DEP" list (in Control Panel - System - Advanced - Performance - DEP), maybe it will help.
floatlite

Post by floatlite »

Tried this thanks, BUT it's not helped at all. Anyone else got any ideas?

regards

David
woodman

Unable to Open Device

Post by woodman »

Hello Guys,
I wanted to change the Menu of my K750i and one requirement is to have far installed in your computer I installed FAR followed the instructions how to change it but when I enter the Matrix. Its giving me this error

Error Unable To Open Device:EPIUSB Check for EPIUSB.SYS driver installed

Any idea what could be done here? Thanks in Advanced

Regards,
-woodman
t-rex
Admin

Post by t-rex »

Holly crap, could you please tell where you got that instructions from? This has nothing to do with FAR but with some plugin, but you are not the first to drop by with such questions. I'm quite curious to know where from you all got those instructions and what that plugin is.
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

t-rex wrote:I'm quite curious to know where from you all got those instructions and what that plugin is.
Obviously it's the SEFP (Sony-Ericcson Flash Plugin).
Several months ago I even made the corresponding announcement but the novice users are not disciplined enough to read announcements.

PS I don't know the plugin's home page.
woodman

Post by woodman »

Ooppss.. This might be the wrong place to ask. Anyways I will try to search where I can have support for this and maybe posting it here will be a great idea.

Thanks Anyways

-woodman
Sky6

How can i upgrade a w810i Firmware & Flash File System

Post by Sky6 »

Hi everybody, i´m new in this forum and too noob with the FAR and i want some help with this SW. I searching a way to do a Flash to use a new w810i Firmware & Flash File System with the Farmanager 1.70, the last SW i used was the Phone XS 2 and it´s horrible and have a lot o bugs and erros too :evil: . Can someone bring me a light please. :D
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

Sky6
Please read this announcement.
Goosh

How can I access my SIM card?

Post by Goosh »

Hi there, I thought I could use FAR Manager to access my SIM card and then save all my contact numbers on it to the computer? I also wanted to be able to save all my text and MMS to computer, is this possible?

Thanks for any advice
HaRT

Post by HaRT »

Goosh
What brand is your mobile of?
You should have read this announcement first.
anthony2816

Question about copying a file to my phone with Far Manager

Post by anthony2816 »

I want to copy a modded layout.xml file to my Sony Ericsson W580 phone to get rid of the operator logo.

I've got my layout.xml file, modded to get rid of the operator logo. I have that file shown on the right side of Far Manager, highlighted. On the left side of Far Manager I have navigated to the phone folder that shows the original layout.xml.

How exactly do I copy it over? I tried hitting F5, which seems to be the copy command. It opens a Copy window, but it says "Copy "LAYOUT.XML" to:
SEFP:

...and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to put in there. If I just go ahead and copy, it seems to transfer the file somewhere, but I'm not sure where it's going. I get the feeling that it didn't go into the correct folder, because when I rebooted the phone, the operator logo was still there.

Can someone explain a bit more about how to copy the file into the right spot? And how to tell if it actually replaced the original layout.xml file?

Thanks in advance for all your help.