ConMan: Console Manager

Here you can discuss about your favorite plug-in.
MortenMacFly

ConMan: Console Manager

Post by MortenMacFly »

I had to switch to Vista recently. Far is working nicely, but I cannot use the ConMan plugin anymore. It simply crashes. Is there an update somewhere or did someone manage to get this nice plugin working?!
KtW

Post by KtW »

...Do You Have Tryed To Run In In Compatibilty Mode?

...Also Talk To The Author It's Really A Nice People And I For Sure Will'Help...
MortenMacFly

Post by MortenMacFly »

Thanks for the answer!

[quote="KtW"]...Do You Have Tryed To Run In In Compatibilty Mode?[/quote]
Nope - but that's not really a nice workaround... :-( Anyways - will try...

[quote="KtW"]...Also Talk To The Author It's Really A Nice People And I For Sure Will'Help...[/quote]
Who is the author? How can I contact him? Do you have an idea?!
pp

Post by pp »

MortenMacFly: Who is the author? How can I contact him? Do you have an idea?!

Try to look into ReadMe file located in conman_v2.31.rar....
Tomzi

Post by Tomzi »

I'm running ConMan with FAR 1.70 (build 2087) under Vista Business x64. Got it running after a few tries, but not sure which step was really required. Hope this'll work for you too.

It seems to me that running the two involved .exe files individually first allows to run them combined. Let me clarify: first I created a shortcut to far.exe, configured it (size, font, etc), loaded my settings (stored in .reg files), then ran it. From within FAR I ran conman.exe without parameters. Last, I modified the shortcut to launch conman.exe with far.exe as parameter.

Also tried to play with compatibility settings, but none helped.

My current problem with this version of FAR is that whenever I try to use the built-in editor (F4 or F6 from within viewer) FAR crashes. Going to try an x64 alpha now, see if that helps.